Saturday, January 9, 2010

After Glow


I'd like the memory of me
To be a happy one.
I'd like to leave an after glow
Of smiles when life is done.
I'd like to leave an echo
Whispering softly down the ways,
Of happy times and laughing times
And bright and sunny days.
I'd like the tears
Of those who grieve,
To dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.

My grandma passed away this morning at The Center for Hospice & Palliative Care. She was a spunky lady who fought lung cancer as long as she could. I have comfort in knowing that she looked peaceful and pretty in pink while we gathered around her one last time yesterday. She had several readings saved in an envelope that she requested some of her grandchildren read at her service. This is one of them that will be read on Tuesday.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Amanda I am so sorry! Please let me know if there is anything that I can do. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss! I'll be thinking of you and your family...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this, thank you and I love you guys very much

    ReplyDelete