Sunday, March 13, 2011

Eat Well Live Well

Since there isn't too much to do in cold, snowy weather (that we've had since December...ugh), I've been doing a lot of cooking and baking over the last few months. There's been lots of hearty, homemade goodness goin' on in our kitchen - chilis, soups, chicken pot pie, mac n cheese, chicken stew, sloppy joes, beef stroganoff, quesadillas, and a list of more to come in the next few weeks (or months) until grillin' season kicks off! Friday's no meat menu is shrimp pasta in a foil package. And in the baking department there's been a variety of cookies, cakes, cupcakes and brownies amongst other desserts.

Some of my recipes come from the recipe book my mom made Edward and I for our wedding gift. She put together all the recipes I loved to eat growing up, and now I can recreate them for Edward (and hopefully make them just as good as she does). The Better Homes and Garden Cookbook is my other go-to recipe book. It has everything and anything you want to make. You can't go wrong with it. My other fav's are from Foodnetwork.com (Barefoot Contessa, Rachel Ray, and Paula Dean), Wegman's Menu magazine, Real Simple and The Pioneer Woman. I like these because most of their recipes use ingredients that I have (or can easily find at the grocery store), there aren't many ingredients needed, the recipes are easy to follow and best of all... they come out tasting delicious.

I guess you could say I have developed into a Little Suzy Home Maker since buying our home and getting married. From home decor, house projects, cooking, baking, cleaning, gardening entertaining... homemaking is where my heart is.
One of my favorite cookies are snickerdoodles so I decided to make some this weekend. As they were baking in the oven my husband informed me THAT HE NEVER HAD THEM BEFORE...WHAT, SERIOUSLY!?! How have we been together this long and I didn't know this?

1 comment:

  1. Why did you not bring any snickerdoodles to lunch?! Come to think of it...why are not eating lunch with us anymore?!?!

    ReplyDelete