Edward and I headed out on a lil' roadtrip to Washington DC over my Spring Break. I had never done any of the touristy things in DC and who better to have as my tour guide then the guy who lived there for four years and knows lots of tidbits. Our first day there we hung out in Arlington, VA with Edward's buddy Matt, who's apartment we also crashed at for three days. Day two was spent going to a Washington Nationals baseball game and exploring the adorable Georgetown area. I got to see the beautiful campus, some of Edward's old stomping grounds and eat at a Five Guys. Then the next morning we got up bright and early and spent the whole day going to all of the monuments and some of the museums. We went through the American History Museum, National History Museum, National Archives and the Air and Space Museum. I actually wish we would have had one more full day to spend more time in the museums and maybe hit a few more of them. It was so incredible to see all of the old artifacts in the museums and get some history lessons along the way from my tour guide (I realized I should have payed more attention in history and global studies back in high school...hehe). It was a great getaway!
Had to get Cracker Jack at the baseball game!
Strolling along the Georgetown Water Front.
For those of you who have seen DC Cupcakes on TLC. Here is the actual bakery in Georgetown.
The line was about a mile long.
The Tombs...where Edward spent many a night in college.
Georgetown campus-Healy Square.
Our first monument stop...
Mr. Lincoln himself. It was so much bigger than I expected.
Jefferson Memorial is Edward's favorite monument.
Vietnam Veterans Memorial.
Each of the 4,048 gold stars represents 100 Americans who died during the war.
The Tulip Library which displays over 100 varieties of tulips.
These are the ball gowns worn by various First Ladies from when their husbands were inaugurated.
It was one of my favorite exhibits at the American History Museum.
The Hope Diamond. I'm thinking something similar for my birthday...what do you think?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment