Friday, October 12, 2012

NYC

When my mom turned 50 and had a day at the spa with my sisters and I, we made a vow that we would do something special for everyone's milestone birthdays.  We've continued the tradition so far with a trip to see Kenny Chesney for Christine's 30th and a spa getaway to Ithaca for Molly's 21st.  For my 30th I wanted a trip to NYC. So us girls went to NYC over Columbus Day Weekend to celebrate my 30th... and of course visit Molly.

Highlights of the trip:

-Cab ride from LaGuardia...YIKES
-The cabbie pulling over and asking someone for directions to Long Island City, Queens...I thought they knew how to get everywhere...apparently not!
-Seeing Molly.
-Molly's apartment.
-My mom making homemade sauce and meatballs in Molly's apartment.
-Pepsi Sign (right outside of Molly's high rise).
-The view.
-Subway rides.
-Subway singers.
-Manhattan.
-Shopping.
-Walking, walking, walking.
-Shopping all over NYC for size 11 boots for Christine.
-Joe Fresh, Joe Fish???
-Bryant Park
-More shopping.
-Achy feet.
-Popping pills (haha...for all of our issues).
-Magnolia cupcakes.
-9/11 Memorial.
-More shopping.
-Eataly.
-Italian hot chocolate.
-Italian pizza.
-Italian wine.
-Italian EVERYTHING.
-Newsies.
-Pumpkin Bread.
-Exploring LIC.
-More shopping. 
-SPENDING THE WHOLE WEEKEND TOGETHER.
-I heart NYC.















 













No comments:

Post a Comment