Once we arrived, we checked out the hay maze they had set up for little kids, visited the pig pen, goat pen and even the turkey roost... where the turkeys were busy getting fat for Thanksgiving! After some fun there, we headed out apple picking. Because of the drought this summer and fall, not to mention an unseasonal spring frost, very few farms in the area are offering apple picking this summer, but Blackmon Farms was open for business. We picked a lot of Golden Delicious and Jonagold apples. Even Henry got in on the action with some of the low-hanging fruit! We capped our trip with an apple cider slushy. DELICIOUS.
That night, Edward took me out to a surprise dinner at one of our favorite restaurants in Buffalo: Hutch's!!! We had a great meal... not to mention filling. Thanks to Grammie and Papa Przylucki for watching Henry at night.
The next day I had my annual birthday dinner at my parents' house. As always, my mom made my birthday dinner of choice: homemade sauce, stuffed shells, garlic bread and an ice cream cake... which Henry promptly stuck his fingers in.
I received many wonderful gifts: a day at the spa from my boys, a mall gift certificate and shopping money from the in-laws and vintage Pyrex bowls I've been searching for FOREVER from my parents along with show tickets and dinner for our upcoming visit to NYC. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend... and yes, everyone knows I like to make a full weekend out of my birthday!
Life at 30 is better than I could have ever imagined.
No comments:
Post a Comment