Saturday, November 23, 2013

Fire Truck Party

Sound the alarm!  Henry has been OBSESSED with firetrucks for the last few months and when I asked him (about a bazillion times) if he wanted a Mickey Party (his other obsession) or Firetruck Party he ALWAYS answered with "FIRETRUCK!"  So firetrucks it was!!!  I found a great party package on Etsy that included firetruck invitations, a banner, cupcake toppers, favor tags, etc.  Then I found some other great firetruck themed decorations on the internet to turn our house into Henry's Firehouse for his second birthday party. It looked so cute in our house and he loved seeing firetrucks all over the place.  However, the highlight of the party was taking a special field trip to the fire station.  What better place to go if you are having a firetruck party!?!  I've mentioned before how we walk over there on a daily basis to check out the firetrucks and the firemen always let Henry in to look at them.  They were totally cool with us coming over during the party to see the trucks and equipment so we bundled up the troops and walked over.  The kids, especially the birthday boy, had an AWESOME time there.  The fire chief talked to us and showed the kids all the trucks, let them go in them, and even put on all his fire gear for them.  About 10 minutes after we got there, there was an actual fire call and the kids got to see the volunteers hop in the trucks and ambulance and race out of the station... we couldn't have planned it better!  Henry was in firetruck heaven while we were there.  

The party was perfect and I'm so glad we were able to go to the station.  Henry had a blast at his party and was just so happy.  He got such nice gifts from everyone and couldn't wait to have his firetruck cake and sing Happy Birthday again.  How are we gonna top this for future parties?!?!  

PS...I'm so mad I forgot to take a picture of the food table set up in our kitchen.  We had "fire" themed names labeled on little food tents in front of everything... yes, I'm a dork like that.

"Smokin" Pulled Pork
"Five-Alarm" Beans
"Hook & Ladder"Mac & Cheese
"Hot" Chicken Fingers
"Fire Station" Fruit Salad
"Chilled" Green Salad
"Rescue Water"
"Fire Truck" Cupcakes
"Fire Hoses" (aka twizzlers)






























No comments:

Post a Comment