It was a SUCCESS!!! Edward and I had our first Thanksgiving together at our house. It was a small gathering with Ed's parents, Aunt Marcia, cousin Steve and his girlfriend Lauren. We weren't nervous because ultimately this crowd will eat anything. Edward and I spent Wednesday night and Thursday morning cooking. Dale came over to help with the turkey in the morning. She supervised as we followed the Bobby Flay recipe from the Parade Magazine. Everything turned out delicious. We of course had enough food for the whole street. I think Ed and I will be eating turkey and mashed potatoes for the next week or so. We also had so many pies, that everyone at the dinner table could have had their own one to eat...this is definitely a dessert family. According to Dale, she is now going to expect this every year. She has given up Thanksgiving and it is officially our holiday. I hope that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
P.S. If anyone wants leftovers come on over!!!
P.P.S. Thanksgiving has TOO MANY DISHES!!!
OK, did you seriously just offer up leftovers?!?!?!
ReplyDelete