Edward posing proudly with his pumpkin. He named it Mr. Ugly. Molly's reply, "So you named it after yourself." Score one for Molly. Ed just loves his new sister-in-law:)
Edward and I bundled up, brought out our glasses of wine and bowls of chili, and parked ourselves on the front porch in our rockers by 6 PM. Molly came over to help hand out candy. Within minutes our sidewalk was filled with costumes and candy bags. We were warned by our neighbors how many trick-or-treaters we would get living in the village, but nothing could have prepared us for this. At one point I looked down the street and said, "Oh my gosh, I have never seen anything like this!" 22 bags of candy later, two trips to Tops to get more candy (thank you Molly), and handing out leftover pumpkin chocolates from the wedding (thank god we had these for backup while we waited for more candy to arrive)...the night was a success. Now we know what next Halloween will bring!
Edward and I bundled up, brought out our glasses of wine and bowls of chili, and parked ourselves on the front porch in our rockers by 6 PM. Molly came over to help hand out candy. Within minutes our sidewalk was filled with costumes and candy bags. We were warned by our neighbors how many trick-or-treaters we would get living in the village, but nothing could have prepared us for this. At one point I looked down the street and said, "Oh my gosh, I have never seen anything like this!" 22 bags of candy later, two trips to Tops to get more candy (thank you Molly), and handing out leftover pumpkin chocolates from the wedding (thank god we had these for backup while we waited for more candy to arrive)...the night was a success. Now we know what next Halloween will bring!
Best costume vote for Ed: Darth Vader (What a Star Wars geek.)
Best costume vote for Amanda: Washing machine and laundry basket
WOW that is a lot of trick or treaters! Good thing you had back up candy but, now what are we gonna do at work?!
ReplyDelete