Monday, December 14, 2009

Busy Weekend

Our fun filled weekend started with a trip to Vidler's 5 and 10 on Friday night. Edward and I wanted to go out for a bit, but not go too far in the cold, snowy weather. We bundled up and headed over to Vidler's. Yes, I admit it, we hung out at Vidler's on a Friday night. Boy how our social life has changed. Let me just tell you...it was bumpin'! They were even open until 9PM! I also need to make note that we were not the only late-20-year-olds in there either on a Friday night. We had lots of fun roaming around the different departments.
Saturday night was spent with our friends, Andy and Shana. Shana was actually our realtor, and did all of the hard work to get us our perfect house! We thank her tremendously for all of her efforts! Her fiance, Andy wanted to see what all the talk about East Aurora is about. We had dinner and drinks at Tantalus, and hopefully showed them a good time here!
Sunday morning started with the East Aurora Holiday Tour of Homes. My mom and I toured eight homes throughout East Aurora. Some of the stops were the Griggs Mansion, Elbert Hubbard-Roycroft Museum, and the oldest house in East Aurora. We enjoyed these and others immensely. When I returned, I asked Ed if we could put our house on the tour next year and his reply was, "ABSOLUTELY NOT!" He doesn't want strangers walking through our house. He is no fun sometimes...
The weekend was capped off by the second annual Buffalo Gay Men's Chorus Holiday Concert "Joyful and Triumphant" at the Westminster Presbyterian Church. My mom, sister Molly and I saw them last Christmas season and had to get tickets this year to see them perform again. They are simply amazing!!! Some of the songs actually give me chills. My favorite this year was an arrangement of Auld Lang Syne. The Artistic Director told us before it was sung that she was inspired by this version of the song when she heard it in the Sex and the City Movie. For those of you Sex and the City fans it is played during the holiday scene when flashes of the girls' New Year's Eve are shown (Carrie is running to make it to Miranda's apartment before midnight). She found someone to compose the arrangement for the BGMC. FABULOUS!!!

1 comment: