Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Back to School


As long as I have this teaching gig, there will always be a back to school haircut, a new back to school outfit, and a back to school photo!

Today was my first day back to school. This year I will be teaching 1st, 3rd and 4th special education. As much as I was moping that I didn't want to go back to work today, I do like the start of a new year...I've had the summer to relax and regroup, and it's a chance to start fresh with new ideas and improve from the previous year. There are always ways I can be a better teacher and be the best I can be for the students. I have a great job and am extremely lucky that I get to do something I love. I hope this year will be full of SUCCESS!!! (When's my first day off??? Hehe...just kidding)

2 comments:

  1. Amanda how cute you look in your first day of school photo. It brings back many memories of us shopping for school clothes and supplies. The first day of school was always filled with anticipation, enthusiasm and of course the photo in front of the light pole. Remember the years when you had to get those bangs "just so"! I can still remember many of your first day of school outfits. Crazy!! As my friend Sue always said "Yellow is our favorite color in September--the school bus coming to pick up all the kids!"It was a glorious summer this year. I know you got alot of use out of the pool while we were all slaving at work! Hope you have a good and uneventful school year with your students. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! I will miss working with you sooo much!!!!

    ReplyDelete