This year's birthday present theme was "things for our home." In my card Edward wrote:
"One of my favorite parts of being married to you is that you've done the most amazing job turning our house into a HOME I can't wait to run back to every day. So I thought with this birthday I would do my part to help you make our home even better and get you gifts to help personalize our home even more..."
Some fall decorations that Edward picked out from the Olde Stepple. He loves going to that store himself because he can eat his way through it. They have popcorn and samples of dips throughout the store.
A sign shop on Main Street in our village is making a wooden sign for our front porch. It wasn't ready yet, but this is Edward's computer version of it. The real one will be bigger and dark mahogany wood with the Roycroft letters, of course. 
A little confused opening a package of matches...
Until my fire pit was revealed!!! Yippee!!! I've been wanting one since we bought our house. Now we can sit outside and have some fires and make s'mores next summer.
After presents we headed to Fiamma Steak on Hertel for an AMAZING dinner. We haven't done a nice dinner date like that in a long time. The night ended with some cupcakes from Dessert Deli and an episode of Jersey Shore. What a perfect birthday....THANK YOU SO MUCH EDWARD!!! I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!
PS...Now for those of you who know me well, you know I like more than one day for my birthday, so on Saturday I will be celebrating with our families and then on Monday with some girlfriends. Edward reminds me every year that it is a birth-DAY...I only get one day, but it's a special day and I like to stretch it out as long as I can...hehe.
Happy Birthday. It looks like you had a great evening. We are so opposite. I don't want anyone to celebrate my birthday and even told John to stop wasting money on cards. Can't believe you are 28! Savor your week long celebration you goof!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! Sounds like a perfect day!
ReplyDelete