Sunday, January 23, 2011

January

January Jones from Mad Men at the Golden Globes.

Haha...No, no I don't mean this January. It's the month of January. The cold winter weather has been matched by the dreariness of a house stripped of holiday decorations. December's crowded calendar of holiday frenzy has given way to January's social slump.

These past few weeks Edward and I have actually been staying home...can you believe it!?! I feel like we were going nonstop for the last month or so. As much as I love seeing friends and family on the weekends, I equally enjoy staying home and not having any plans. Netflix rentals have soared as comfy sweats have replaced dress clothes on Saturday night. Edward and I have been cooking meals together, watching movies and reading in bed. We both put on our pjs the minute we get home from work and don't take them off until the next morning.

I also had a cough, wheezing when breathing, pain in my chest and fever for a few days that landed me at Immediate Care. It ended up being a case of bronchitis, which really didn't make me want to do anything or go anywhere. All and all, we've just been chillin' (literally) here at our home. It's a good though....we've slowed things down a bit in 2011.

It's also that time to start our next house project! We started working on the spare bedroom upstairs. It has lovely Winnie the Pooh wallpaper circa 1990 that will be coming down soon. We already painted the walk-in closet and put new organizers in it. It looks 100 times better already! Let's just hope Winnie comes down easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment