Dear Henry,
I can't believe how much you have grown and changed in the past month since I did your 7 month update! You're such a big boy, learning new things each day.
You spend your days playing on a blanket with toys (either inside or outside), rolling all over the place, and army crawling around the house. During all of this, you are constantly smiling or babbling or both. And now that you are on the move we've had to baby proof the house! The gate is up at the top of the stairs and we've already been putting things away because you're pretty fast and know how to get into trouble real QUICK! You've been exploring objects by shaking them, banging them, dropping them and throwing them. Lately, you've become very interested in reading books. Everyday we take a stack of them out on the porch and read together in the rocking chair. You especially enjoy touch and feel books and books with real babies in them. You've become very ticklish. My favorite thing to do with you is hold you and snuggle you and tickle and kiss you until you laugh. It's the best laugh...
You have a few quirks that make us say, "Oh Henry." First of all you are OBSESSED with rugs. You are constantly pulling up the corners of area rugs in our house or others. You also like mommy's toes. I think it's the nail polish on them that makes you go after them.
Hurray for your bottom two teeth!!! They finally popped through your gums and are now visible. It is so cute to see two little white chompers when you smile :-)
You've started eating Gerber Puffs. I have to feed them to you, as you are still working on you're pincer grip. You're so close though and I know if we keep practicing you'll get it soon enough. You're also working on drinking water out of a sippy cup. You know how to hold it and get the spout in your mouth, but haven't figured out the concept of tipping the cup up so the water goes in your mouth.
Spending my summer off of work together has been so much fun so far. We have our daily routine and have a few outings throughout the week. I look at you and am amazed about how big you've gotten and how time is going so fast, but I'm just trying to cherish every moment together.
At the end of the day, the first thing daddy and I will both say to each other is, "I love him so much. He's so awesome. He's the cutest. Isn't he the funniest..." And then we lay in bed and still look through all the pictures and videos of you, trying to remember what it was like when you were so teeny and new. We love you so much and not a day goes by where we don’t feel beyond blessed or lucky because we have you with us!
Love,
Mommy & Daddy


No comments:
Post a Comment