Sunday, November 15, 2009

Antique World



Never in my life would I think that I would WANT to go to Antique World. My mother "the antiquer" would drag us there when we were younger and we dreaded it. Now that I'm the proud owner of an old house though, my antique collection has started. I bought my first one (an old trunk) at a barn sale this summer in East Aurora. It now is the perfect coffee table in our living room.

Today Edward and I were looking for an old cupboard or bar to go in our dinning room. We didn't find that, but we did find an accent table and old beer crate for the front porch. Ed thought more people were selling junk than antiques, but I told him that everything had a story and that someone's trash is another man's treasure (Oh god who do I sound like...next thing you know I am going to be taking the back roads to get to my sister's in Canandaigua and stopping at antique shops along the way...I love you mom).

3 comments:

  1. I love antiques!!!!! You will have to take me one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That place is right by our house. I haven't been yet but I've been meaning to go. We should go together sometime since you are an antiquing expert now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Antique World purchases. I just finished watching Antique Roadshow this evening. A lady bought a vase at a garage sale for a dollar and it turned out to be an art nouvea vase worth $2,000.00. Now that's a good return on the dollar. Just because it looks like junk doesn't mean it is. My only advise for you is to buy what you like and what you will use in your home and have fun during the "HUNT". Love you!

    ReplyDelete