Napping in the corner with his Snuggie (I think the little smile is from him dreaming of pizza....he just finished watching a show on the Food Network called "Pizza Paradise"). You can also see my spot and blanket, which I didn't move from all day. I even took this picture from the couch.
Our favorite day of the week is Saturday. There is no alarm going off at 6AM. We get to sleep in a little and slowly get our day started. We have our usual routine of things to do and then we try to do something fun together. This Saturday we had a long list of things to do...finish up Christmas shopping, grocery shopping and other errands. Things quickly changed when we found ourselves nestled in on the couch under our blankets watching movies/TV all day. We were only going to be lazy until 11 and then get a move on, but 11 turned to 12 and 12 turned to 1 and soon it was 4 and we were still in our pajamas on the couch. At one point I turned to Ed and said, "Someday we won't be able to do this because we'll have a family and what not, so we better take full advantage of it now. There is always tomorrow to get everything done." And so we did...
Oh, how I miss those day of laziness! Definitely enjoy them while you can - once you start having littles, you'll be lucky if you get to sleep in until 6am!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect day to me. Dont let anyone fool ya though, kids like to stay in their jammies all day too :)
ReplyDelete