Sunday, October 24, 2010

Anniversary Weekend

Edward and I decided to celebrate our first anniversary a little on Saturday (the same Saturday we were married in 2009) and a little on Sunday (the 24th being the actual date of our anniversary). We tried to incorporate as many things about us and our wedding day.

We started by doing something we LOVE. If you haven't realized yet, we are big fans of taking walks/hikes. We packed a picnic and our gear and headed to Letchworth State Park to check out the fall foliage. I wasn't too sure about how the weather was going to be, so I came prepared with two different pairs of boots, gloves, hat, scarf, and a fleece. The layers came off the longer we hiked. We tackled two trails while we were there. We hiked the popular trail along the gorge and then another that went into the woods. I think we hiked about 20 miles in all...at least that's what it felt like.
Saturday night we had dinner reservations at Salvatore's Italian Gardens. Edward and I thought that since our reception was held there, it was a natural we have our first anniversary dinner there. The place was decorated to the nines with everything fall...just like it was for our wedding. We walked around while we were waiting for our table and even poked our heads into a wedding or two. As we were eating dinner we witnessed a couple get engaged! There at the table next to us, the guy got down on his knee and proposed. The whole dinning room started clapping. I have to admit, it was a little strange because there they were, just engaged, and they had to go back to eating their dinner like nothing had happened. Good thing Edward knew never to propose to me that way...haha. After dinner, we headed into the city to get a drink at Toro like old times.
Edward and I still belong to Blessed Sacrament in the city where we got married and drive there as much as we can for mass. Even though we have a church that we could walk to at the end of our street, we still love this church. It was nice that we were able to attend mass on Sunday for our anniversary. It was great to see our priest and the woman who sang at our wedding. Afterwards, we took a drive through Forest Lawn where we had our wedding photos taken.

Our Sunday dinner was accompanied by a bottle of wine from Pellar Estates that we had been saving from our mini honeymoon getaway to Niagara-on-the-Lake after our wedding last year. The table was even decorated with our Tiffany candle sticks (given as a wedding gift) and our Korean serving dish. So you're supposed to keep the top of your wedding cake and eat it on your first anniversary, but if you remember this post here, our cake top didn't last more than a week after our wedding. Instead, I made a peanut butter and white chocolate chip oatmeal cookie heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment