Sunday, February 12, 2012

Maternity Leave

My maternity leave is over and I head back to work tomorrow.  I've cried every night the last week thinking about it.  Is Henry going to remember me?  What if he needs me? What if something happens to him while I'm away?  The last three months home with him have flown by!  I have cherished every moment we've spent together!  I know I'm blessed to have spent three months home with him considering some people only get six or eight weeks, but I'm not ready to go back yet.  I wish I had longer!  In an ideal world I think I would stay home forever.  I really love being home with him!

But, I need to get over being sad about going back to work because being a stay at home mom isn't in my cards (unless we win the lotto).  I do, however, go back to work for a week and then have a week off for break already (kind of a nice way to ease into teaching).  Edward will be staying home with Henry for two weeks and my mom will be watching him for a week before we have a babysitter coming to our house to watch him.  I know Henry will be in good hands because the babysitter is great and came highly recommended by some teachers I work with who have had her watch their own kids.  And it's a plus that Henry will get to stay home - his own crib, toys, routine, individual attention, and no packing him up in the morning. I'm sure Henry will be fine without his momma and every minute home with him at night and on the weekends will be precious and much more special.  I just keep telling myself only four months of work and then I'm off for the summer.  Let the countdown begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment